Wednesday, July 8, 2015

You Never Know!

"You will never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have left."

This quote hit close to home.  I have always looked at people with extreme physical challenges and I would tell myself that I could never do what they do.  How do they handle having surgery, drains, medications that make them sick, house bound for months, etc...  I am one of those people, now, and I am digging deep for my strength.

I imagine what it was like to get out and do anything that I wanted to do.  I decline more invitations to go do stuff than you can imagine.  My precious neighbors catch me doing stuff that I should not do and they run over to rescue me from myself.   I have a very strong will.  The issue is that too much activity sets me back a bit and I wind up in bed in pain and trying to recover.

So, this is all about mental strength as well as physical strength.  As I look back over my life, I can see that I have been in the process of preparation for this battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment