Sunday, July 19, 2015

Why Me?

I think that I have discussed this throughout this blog.  But it is something that I find myself explaining to people from time to time.

Some people have suggested that I have done something bad in my life to deserve cancer.  Frankly, we are all sinners.  I resist comparing my life to others and proving that I am not so bad.  We may never know why God allows things to happen to us.  I think that many, many people are in a desperate search for the answer.  This is where strong faith is needed.  I believe that God is using me in a very special way.  I know that I make a difference in other people's lives because of this cancer.

Those of us that believe in the death of Jesus Christ on the cross know that Jesus did not deserve to bare our sins.  He paid the price for all of us without exception.  There are consequences for our actions, but we are forgiven because of Christ's actions.

I will reiterate again that I am blessed with cancer.  I have been chosen to bare this burden and set an example of how to adore God through it all.  Granted, you all don't see the evenings that I cry because I am tired of the battle.  I called in my prayer warriors just last night to help strengthen me through a rough spot.

I have been asked if I get angry about my cancer.  For some reason, I have not been angry at all.  I know that anger is part of the grieving process, but I have not seen this as something to grieve over.

There are so many people that have it so much worse than I do.  I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. You're incredible, Cheryl. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how insensitive people can be! You did not ask for this through your actions in life! You bear your burden with such loving grace. I'm amazed daily at how strong you are.

    ReplyDelete