Sunday, July 5, 2015

My Daughter

There is nothing that gets to my heart like my beautiful daughter.  She turned 21 years old this weekend.  I still don't think she is ready to handle losing me to cancer.  As we move forward with treatment and watch this cancer evolve into a dangerous disease that is getting harder to fight, we struggle more emotionally.  

I have so many offers from wonderful women that will be there for my daughter when I can't be.  There is none better than my identical twin sister or my own mother to step in.  But they are not me.  They are not the SILLY that I work so hard to bring into her life.  I try to stretch her imagination and even her reality.  Then I teach her to put a silly twist on the situation and laugh about it.

Look for the grace and blessings.  They are always there.  When I am sick and crying my daughter can lean over the bed and make me laugh through my tears.  The grace may look like something small, but it is something huge in the big picture of the situation.

When you are stressed...please slow down and start asking yourself what good could possibly come out of the situation.  It is there, even in horrible tradgedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment