Sunday, July 5, 2015

New Growth!

I called the oncologist a few days ago about the new increase in pain that I am experiencing.  We decided that my gynocologist was the best option to rule out a Urinary Tract Infection.  This particular Doctor has remained very involved in my treatment.  MD Anderson sends him all of my records.  When I need some preliminary tests run, this local doctor does it without questions.  Dr. Robert Dupree in St. Augustine cares deeply for all of his patients, not just me.

Thursday, a physical exam turned up that I have tumor on the top of my bladder that is about the size of a lemon.  He could also feel  a few much larger tumors higher in my abdomen.  Thus the pain.  No UTI!

Monday I see my pulmonologist to determine if my lungs are still stable.  The fluid build up really wrecks the quality of my life.  So, I will get up bright and early tomorrow, get an x-ray and see Dr. Husain.

Later tomorrow, I have to contact both oncologists at Moffitt in Tampa and at MD Anderson in Houston, to let them know about the sudden changes in tumor size.

This means that the chemo will be changed.  Ugh!  It is tough to get used to new chemicals in my body, but I will get it done.  I feel strong enough and ready for the next phase of this battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment