Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sorting It All Out!

This recurrence brings some new challenges that I did not experience before.

1.) I find it more difficult to get my head in the game.  It is a great struggle staying positive.  I think that is because this time, I am in pain.  It is harder to stay positive when you are hurting. 

In spite of this unexpected turn in my emotional awareness, I still remain positive.  It comes in waves more than a constant "I got this" attitude.  I am willing to work for it more, if that is what I need to do. 

2.)  I find it more challenging to choose the right path.  The first time, I just followed doctors orders with implementing some minor alternatives along the way.  This time, I have so many options.  Has my cancer advanced so much that I don't have time to utilize trials?  Shall I take the more traveled  path of chemo, again? 

In business school we learned that there is a balance between risk and reward.



    "There are risks and costs to action.  But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction." -     John F. Kennedy

I think that I have my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment