Wednesday, February 4, 2015

And Then There Was None!

....Continued

That Wednesday night in the ER was a zoo!  People were mad and yelling and cussing.  I could not take it.  So after an hour long wait I talked myself out of my tree and I went home. 

The next morning my doctor scheduled a paracentesis.  Thursday was a day of relief.  Flagler Hospital Outpatient Surgery team drain 4 liters of fluid from my abdomen.  I lost 9 pounds that day. 

With the first occurrence of cancer I had my abdomen drained twice, but they only got 2 liters of fluid at the most.  In those cases I felt some relief with no problems.  With this most recent procedure, for about 24 hours after I felt like I had the flu.  I could tell that removing that much fluid at one time was a shock to my system.

Now, we wait and see.  But the fluid is returning, already.

No comments:

Post a Comment