Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pain, Pain Go Away!

One of the symptoms of Primary Peritoneal Cancer is pain and I sure have my share.  The hundreds of implants of cancer throughout my abdomen are too tough for me.  I am on time-released Morphine and I use hydromorphone for breakthrough pain.  These drugs are still not enough.  The intake nurse always asks me to describe the pain.  She asks if it is, "stabbing, burning, dull, sharp, constant, intermittent...etc" to which I answer, "yes"!

The pain increases with each passing day.  I worry about getting addicted to the pain meds.  The doctors and nurses continue to tell me that I am not an addictive personality.  What the heck does that mean.  I thought the drug was addicting.

Please pray for reduced pain and quality of life.  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment