Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Hell On Wheels!

When we travel through airports or hospitals I have to use a wheelchair.  This is because it hurts so much to walk much distance and I end up in tears by the time I get to where I am going.

The fun part is that my daughter is in charge of pushing me.  The best way I can describe her driving style is that she has a sense of entitlement.  She thinks that everyone should have an ADA compliant mindset and get the heck out of the way when they see a wheelchair.  When they don't get out of her way she has a sweet way of letting them know that they are in the way.  "oh! sorry, I did not mean to take out your achiles tendon with the foot rest" or "so sorry, this thing is hard to stop" or "thank you for moving (a bit sarcastically)".

We spend more time laughing about the damage we do with that wheelchair.  She gets a real kick out of it all when the wheel chair gets out of control and I am screeming.  I am not a passive passenger.  I pretend like I have a break peddle and a steering wheel.  It simply does not work that way, but I am driving with all of my heart and getting no where.

Hey! Dont judge me.  We have to get some insane joy out of the obstacles that we have to deal with.


1 comment:

  1. Lol! U can't b a backseat driver😃 You 2 have so much fun together 😘

    ReplyDelete