Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I Forgot To Tell You About Mother's Day

I have to tell you that my time with my daughter is more precious with each passing day.  We soak up every little second and look for the joy in our time together.  A gift from my daughter does not have to be anything monetary or physical.

We went to our favorite little food truck, Nalu's, for some of the best fish tacos in the world.  We sat at an old pic-nic table in the parking lot of an old gas station turned "Surf Station" and almost licked the plate clean.

We then stepped over to the other food truck, that has been there for years, and had a snow cone.  She always orders it with half & half with dragon's blood and guava juice.  I get my snow cone different every time.  This time was guava and kiwi.  It was such a treat to sit and enjoy this simple pleasure.

Then we took her 4 X 4 truck down on the beach and watched a dirty old man try to get pictures of us in our bikinis.  Yep!  even with my swollen cancer belly.

It was the best day of my life.  Just sitting there in my favorite place in the world with my favorite person in the world.  Another miracle to praise God for as I continue to struggle with my healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment