Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Breathabililty!

I am happy to report that in the last two weeks the fluid build up in my lungs has become stable.  Of course, I want improvement, but I will take stable.  This means that I still have some pain in my lungs and some problems breathing and coughing, but it is not getting horrible again.  This also means that the chemo is still working.

With this recurrence of cancer I have had my lungs drained twice.  The pulmonologist threatened to put semi-permanent drains in if the fluid kept building up.  That would mean that I would have tubes under each arm and I would drain the fluid at home.  I had that in my abdomen for two months, earlier this year, and it did not go so well.  I was able to drain the fluid, but the tubes inside of me hurt.  Then the darn thing got infected.

You can't imagine how grateful I am that I am breathing without oxygen, unless I get out and do too much.  Plus, my daughter would trip over my tubes and rip the them right off of my face.  It was a good thing I was not hooked up to life support or she would have ripped the plugs out of the wall.  We laugh about that a lot.

Gotta get your laughs somewhere.  In the mean time, help me thank God that I am stable and keep praying for improvement.  I need some encouragement, right now.

2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful person. Even when we do not know why we can still give God thanks in every situation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. Laughter is good medicine 😃Thank you for the update. God is good.

    ReplyDelete