Sunday, May 3, 2015

Hospice!???

My daughter and I met with Hospice.  I may not need them for years, but the way I have been feeling the past several months, I really wanted them in my life.  I am slightly improving everyday.  Well....some days are two steps forward and some days are way more than just one step back.

At any rate...I am all set up and know the plan with hopice.  There are forms that my doctor has to sign when the time comes closer.  Please do not read into this that I want to die.  Or that I am setting myself up for self fulfilling profecy.  My daughter and I just have a lot of questions and if I get it all set up it will take any guilt out of it for her and my sister.  They know exactly what my wishes are and that I don't want to die at home.  I want to pass like my father did in a wonderful clean and private hospice facility.

All of this may sound morbid to you.  But Hospice told me that it is usually the family scrambling last minute.  They are very supportive of how I am doing this and that really makes me feel better.


4 comments:

  1. Hospice is a God send and they provide a peace of mind. God bless you. Always praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we missed you in Houston. We had to delay our trip a week and are headed their Wednesday. Prayers for you every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temporary vs Eternal
    "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. (2 Corinthians 4:16-17 NIV)
    Like · Comment · Share

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to be prepared as early as possible, but don't treat it like you're scrambling for the last minute. I'm sure hospice care is at the last of the list. After all, following your blog these past few months had introduced me to your inspirational strength. I just know you'll get through everything, Cheryl. Thanks for sharing that! I wish you all the best!

    Normand Redden @ The Perfect Home Care

    ReplyDelete