Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I am in the 18%

The 5 year survival estimates on stage IV ovarian cancer is 18%.  The way I figure I am easily in that 18%.  Here is why:

* I am healthy...was regularly running for 30-45 minutes on the arch trainer just a mere 7 weeks ago.
* I am a very healthy eater.  I love my fruits and veggies
* There is not a lot of cancer in my family
* I have the best prayer warriors anyone could ask for
* I am going to the #1 cancer center in the world
* I am weirdly positive
* I have a giant support system (UNF, St. Ambrose, Friends, Family & beyond)
* I feel great (...the chemo pain is gone)
* I look great (...except for a swollen belly)
* I welcome miracles in my life
* I do not allow negative people in my life
* My daughter needs me to baby sit my grandchild one day (...after she has a college degree and has traveled the world)
* I still have a lot to do


5 comments:

  1. You are such and inspiration to me! You make me feel like i can do anything too! Keep it up aunt Cheryl! I'm rooting and praying for you! (WHOOT WHOOT!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! God has given you strength of purpose and a positive spirit for a reason!! I also believe there is much life for you yet to live.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. You just belong in that 18%, and that stat is growing to be a larger number every year as women, who have been on the latest treatment programs, come up to their five year mark. I just watched a video of a woman who has lived with managing her cancer, enjoying her life to the fullest, for 19 years and still going strong. She was stage 4 too! Her cancer was found during a C-section birth of a baby girl. That baby has graduated high school and is now a young woman! There are many success stories. You will be one too, and people will watch your video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank God you r n the 18th%. I praise HIS name 4 all the blessings in your life and all 2 come. Yes, you are walking (not running) through the valley, fear not. HE is with you to protect, guide, & comfort you. HE prepares a table for you in front of your enemies, while anointing your head w/healing oil, and overfilling your cup. Surely (not Maybe) goodness, mercy, & love SHALL follow you ALL the days of your life, and HIS presence WILL be your dwelling place. ILY:)

      Delete
  4. You are absolutely in the 18%!!! You are the most positive person I know!! Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete