Thursday, November 13, 2014

It Is Everywhere!

Monday, I got a call from two friends that have been diagnosed with cancer.  I know that they wanted me to give them a silver bullet to kill that cancer, but all I can tell them is that it is 50% diet, 30% attitude & 20% medical treatment.  The medical treatments are the hardest, most visible part.  It can make one sicker than they have ever been in their lives. 

Additionally, I got word that a local acquaintance passed of Ovarian cancer.  She fought it for three years.  That is what I had.  This is just a little bit too close to home. 

I mentor several other cancer patients, with all sorts of cancers at different stages.  Support in fighting this disease is hugely important.  In some case, I am the only person that these patients have to talk to.  My drive home at night is usually spent on the cell phone (I know, I know...) talking to these cancer patients. 

I cry for them and pray for them.  I am so upset for the difficult road ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment