Thursday, June 12, 2014

Progress!

I am making progress with my healing.  I am still a little tired with some joint pain.  But I am getting back into the swing of life and enjoying the little bit of new energy that I gain everyday.

My hair has not started growing back, yet.  A little girl in the airport screamed when she saw me.  This was just two days ago.  The poor thing must have thought I was a monster.  It does not hurt my feelings.  In general some people really do not know how to deal with anyone that has a type of handicap.  I am not saying that a bald head is a handicap, but it is an obvious health issue that people are not used to seeing on a woman.

I can tell you that I am blessed everyday because of this bald head.  People that have dealt with cancer in some way will recognize that chemo noggin.  So they rush up to me to give me a hug of encouragement or to talk about their experience.  You have no idea how wonderful that is. It also give me the opportunity to talk about God's miracle in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment