Sunday, December 6, 2015

I Almost Lost My Marbles!

As you now know, I made it through the renewal of my lymphatic system and my immune system is in fighting shape.  The Extreme Hyperthermia comes with very few side effects.  The Doctors in Germany agreed on the same chemo as the doctors in the U.S.  This is important so that I can go between Germany & the U.S. for treatments without conflict.  We chose a bit of a strong dose of Gemzar that came with some pretty strong Nausea that lasted only one evening.  This is a far cry from the week/s or so of nausea and vomitting that I suffer from the traditional chemo infussions in the U.S.

Chemo and cancer has compromised my production of blood cells.  You know that it wrecked my white blood cell count for a while and that is how I ended up in Germany.  Well, now it is wrecking my red blood cell count.  This causes extreme exaustion and can also become very dangerous.  Transfussions of red blood cells are the best way to combat this in the short run.  I quickly became lethargic and was barely able to walk or sit up on my own.  So, no big deal...right?  Just a few units of blood and I will be back up and running.  NOT QUITE!

Tough little Cheryl had a panic attack that would not go away.  I could rationalize the necesity, safety, etc. of having the infussions, but something simply freaked me out about it.  So after I talked them into sedating me through the procedure and covering the blood with a towel, two units of blood later and I am feeling better.

I can watch open heart surgeries on t.v., I can watch needles go in and out of my veins and I can almost enjoy a root canal, but this...  I prayed for strength, handed it over to God and sent satan to where he belongs and I still needed medication to get me through this.

As you can see, I still desperately need your prayers, even for the little stuff.  Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Cheryl, Just checking in with you. Attention to prayer has been a focus in conversations with our Father. I know He hears me and I hope you feel the love in prayer that is on behalf of you and Carol, your mom and your daughter. I will be doing CMT training for the first time next week for new hires I was reviewing the slides Dan sent me and I could have sworn there were two slides with you in them :O Were you or did you ever have eyewear with purple frames? So very awesome! I give glory to God for all things and His continued blessings on you and Kristen and your family. Graduations went without a hitch and I look forward to seeing you back here. Mom and Dad are coming up for Christmas Day and to see the boys the day after. I hope to talk to you soon.

    Love and Prayers always,
    Tod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl! I was at an event tonight. Kris Dalton's 40th birthday celebration. Not only was it her birthday celebration but she got engaged to Tyler Young. It was so sweet and he did an awesome job of surprising her in every way. Several people asked about you and send their love. Thinking of you and praying for you always. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cheryl, Bob Roggio here. I think about you every time I look at the little bracelet you gave my daughter, Jordan. My relationship with the lord is still young and has a long way to go but I will certainly add prayers for you and your girl. I tend to think of her when I think of you. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Cheryl. God's grace is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete