Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Sweetest Thing Happened To Me!

I was in the elevator at MD Anderson and was behaving in my usual cheerful silly way...just chatting away with my mother.  With us were two Islamic women with the black head scarves draping their faces.  They were so beautiful that I had to smile at them.  All of a sudden the much younger says, "she wants to give you this".  I looked over and the older one handed me a beautiful hand made heart shaped pillow that was obviously hand made.  It was about the size of a dinner plate.  As surprised as I was, I very graciously took the pillow and hugged her.  She hugged me back and kissed me on the right shoulder.  I kept thanking her, because I was so touched by her actions. 

These women really touched my heart.  I am not sure why God put them in my path that day, but that little gesture meant so much more to me than I can express.  I was so humbled by this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment